More than 1000 enthusiasts participated in GTU’s International Yoga Day
Ahmedabad: If students, professors and other staff members of colleges perform Group Yoga at least once a week, then during whole week they will become fit and fine. This idea was mooted by Dr. Rajul Gajjar, In-charge Vice Chancellor of Gujarat Technological University (GTU) while addressing the gathering of International Yoga Day celebration. More than 1000 enthusiasts participated in the celebration at Chandkheda campus of GTU.
A congregation of students and faculty members from colleges all across the Ahmedabad city and surrounding areas as well as staff of GTU participated in the Yoga Day celebrations. This includes big groups from Vishwakarma Government Engineering College (VGEC), Venus Group of Colleges including Aadishwar College of Technology and Arihant School of Pharmacy & BRI, Saffrony institute of technology & LCIT from Bhandu near Mehsana. Especially the support of students and faculty members from VGEC as volunteers is really appreciative.
Dr. Gajjar advised students, faculty members and GTU staff to keep in mind the benefits of Yoga from the broader aspect. She said that while enjoying nature we feel peace of mind, but that feeling may be only for few minutes. If we want such feeling for long term, then we should perform Yoga daily. Yoga has the power to solve common problems of students like lack of confidence and concentration. Yoga has been discovered from vast experience of our saints. Patanjali started teaching Yoga since Fourth century. Now our Prime Minister Hon. Shri Narendrabhai Modi has brought it for us to become fit and fine. Under the guidance of our hon. Chief Minister Smt. Anandiben Patel and Education ministers Shri Bhupendrasinh Chudasama and Smt. Vasuben Trivedi, very big celebration of Yoga day is underway. So let us become part of it. Let us take pledge to make yoga as a part of our lifestyle.
Colleges affiliated to GTU were asked to send their team including students and faculties to perform mass yoga at University’s Chankheda campus and to become a part of history. Colleges took due interest and gave encouraging response by sending their teams on time. Yoga was performed under the instruction of instructors Smt. Anju Lalani and Shri Parag Brahmabhatt of Lakulish Yoga University. The training sessions at GTU for staff members were organised during 10th June to 20th June, 2016. Shri J.C.Lilani, I/c Registrar and other top officials and faculty members as well staff participated in the event. Dr. Nidhi Arora & Dr. Pankaj Patel, Directors of GTU & co-ordinators of the event thanked all for making the event successful. Jignasa Acharya & Ushma Sanghavi have jointly performed as anchor of the event.
GTU affiliated colleges also participated in International Yoga Day. Many colleges organised prior training camp and special Yoga training was given to students, faculty members and staff. On 21st Most of affiliated colleges joined GTU in celebrating Yoga Day at their campuses. Some of the statistics:
- SIGMA INSTITUTE OF PHARMACY, Bakrol Campus 500 [300 student + 200 faculty members]
- ROFEL Shri G. M. Bilakhia College of Pharmacy, VAPI 100
- BNB.SWAMINARAYAN PHARMACY COLLEGE, SALVAV 168
- Subhash Technical Campus 73
- B.Raval College of Pharmacy 36
- SAL INSTITUTE OF PHARMACY 67
- Pharmacy College-Rampura, Godhra 48
- Narmada College of Computer Application, Bharuch 95
- C. Institute of Technology, Bhandu 53
- Atmiya Institute of Technology & Science, Rajkot
- Laxmi Institute of Computer Applications, Sarigam 300
- Laxmi Institute of Computer Applications 20
- SHREE SWAMINARAYAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY 38
- S S Agrawal Institute Of Computer Science, Navsari
- K. K. Patel MBA/MCA College, Palasar 35
- R.O.Patel Women’s MCA College, Morbi 52
- Government MCA College, Maninagar 27
- Shree M.L.Kakadiya MCA Mahila College Amreli 60
- Sunshine Group of Institutions, Rajkot 55
- ANAND INSTITUTE OF INFORMATION SCIENCE [Institute established the yoga club to promote yoga and all the members of yoga club regularly performs Yoga on every working Saturday for one hour]
All the celebration detail in colleges with photos are available at: