Nodal agency Screening committee to meet every month
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Technological University (GTU) has recommended 10 start-up projects for fund as a part of Nodal agency of Government of Gujarat. These projects include projects for social cause and some innovative projects. GTU Vice Chancellor Dr. Rajul Gajjar has directed that now the screening committee of Nodal agency will meet every month.
Under the start-up scheme, Government of Gujarat has promised a series of benefits for start-ups including a monthly stipend [also called sustenance allowance] of Rs. 10,000 per month to the innovator for a year, upto Rs. 10 lakh for cost of raw material/components required for the innovative process development and upto Rs. 10 lakh for marketing. The implementation of the Start-up Scheme would be done by nodal agencies. Government of Gujarat has appointed such 18 agencies all over the state.
GTU invited field experts to selects start-up projects for recommending to provide fund. This include members of NASSCOM as well as Computer industry, Deans of GTU, Dr. Mihir Shah & other professors from Engineering colleges and Director of GTU Innovation Council. Selected projects are concerning with social sector as well as innovation marvels. These are from Computer, info-tech, Mechanical engineering and some are e-commerce related projects also. GTU has recommended around Rs. 50 to 60 lakh fund for these start-up projects.
Having established itself as an industrial leader bagging top position in the industrial development, factory output and investment sweepstakes for three consecutive years in a row, the Gujarat government is currently implementing two start-up policies for a second industrial revolution. While its first start-up policy, announced in January 2015 focussed largely on the manufacturing sector and processes, the freshly-minted new start-up policy for the IT and electronics sector, announced recently, is expected to provide impetus to products and new technologies. The genetically entrepreneurial Gujarat is now geared up for taking giant leap in the field of start-up.
Top 5 Start-up Projects
- One Start up is based on care coordination technology system for parents & schools that acts as a complete healthcare solution offering a variety of products & services. This Start up aims to leverage these networks of students, teachers, parents and schools to bring about efficiency in school-based healthcare delivery in India.
- Another Start up is based on technology-enabled interior design startup. Their vision is to make beautiful interior designs available to the masses, at an affordable price with great customer experience. They plan to achieve this by developing proprietary technology that makes interior design and visualization very efficient, and therefore fast and cost effective.
- One Start up is based on idea of Youth Connectivity. It is a media outlet committed to create & share quintessential stories for young India. It brings to you original, hottest & trending Indian content that matters. It also reaches out to over two million young Indian netizens, every month through its website, Facebook page and ever expanding email newsletter.
- Another start-up is about innovative writing solutions. This provide creative writing solution with promise of Comfort, Customization & Economy. It turns any Space into to whiteboard like place.
- One start-up is based on an invention relates to multi-purpose hand tool for manual operation which combines pliers and automatic adjustable wrench to quickly clamp objects. Invented tool can replace 56 multiple numbers of tools with one tool. It is suitable for loosening and tightening nuts, bolts, non-standard profiles. The multi-function hand tool includes with hexagon keys, knife, pliers, wire and rod cutter.